As we navigate the COVID-19 crisis, we have seen many Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualified workers amongst those in high demand, from healthcare to essential retail. As we move into recovery, VET will need to play an even greater role, helping millions of displaced workers upskill or reskill to find new employment opportunities.
A strong VET sector will be critical to both reduce skills shortages in key industries and help Australians attain the qualifications needed to thrive in a post-COVID employment market.
This short course is especially designed for VET workforce to develop an understanding of challenges in training and assessment practices during the pandemic.
In this course, you will learn about strategies proposed by the regulatory body around distance learning which includes:
- Planning training delivery and assessment
- Marketing and enrolment during pandemic
- Strategies to support students
- Conducting assessments using distance delivery methods
…and much more
This course will help you to:
- Build a better understanding of training and assessment strategies during COVID-19,
- Deal effectively with challenges associated with VET practices during the pandemic,
- Attain a certificate of competence required by some employers.
Who should do this course?
This course is ideal for those working in vocational education & training, job seekers, migrants and students enrolled in vocational training programs.
This course is a pre-requisite for VET Graduates who wish to enrol for Work Integrated Learning program with CIC Connect prior to undergoing on-the-job training. Learn more about Real Experience for Real Jobs
Typically, a learner would take anywhere between 4-6 hours to complete this course online; however, the duration may vary based on prior skills and knowledge of a learner.
Upon successful completion, every learner is issued with a ‘Certificate of Completion’.