Mapped to commercial cookery skills this course is ideal for:
- Students looking for work experience,
- Job seekers/migrants looking for work,
- Working professionals.
All CIC Academy courses are developed through extensive research and Industry consultation. These courses are highly recommended by recruitment agencies and by employers for individuals looking for work.
Basic Methods of Cookery
Choosing the correct cooking method not only impacts the final product, but also affects the texture, appearance, and flavor of the dish. It’s the slow-cooking of ribs that makes them fall-off-the-bone tender, and the hot deep-frying oil that gives donuts a crispy, golden brown exterior and soft, doughy middle.
In this short course, you will learn about:
- Correct way to handle and store food
- Correct use of cookery equipments and utensils
- Workplace safety and cleanliness
- Basic recipes and planning
- Considering individual’s dietary requirements
…and much more
This course will help you to:
- Build a better understanding of basic methods of cookery and strategies to resolve problems at workplace,
- Plan and prepare for jobs in demand
- Improve your performance at workplace.
Who should do this course?
This course is ideal for international and domestic students, job seekers, migrants or working professional.
This course is a pre-requisite for VET Graduates who wish to enrol for Work Integrated Learning program with CIC Connect prior to undergoing on-the-job training. Learn more about Real Experience for Real Jobs
Typically, a learner would take anywhere between 2-4 hours to complete this course online; however, the duration may vary based on prior skills and knowledge of a learner.
Upon successful completion, every learner is issued with a ‘Certificate of Completion’.